Letters
Well, finding two people who inspired me, that’s not difficult because I can think of two people right off (both of my grandfathers) well that is where the problem falls, both are no longer with us. So I chose two people who helped me get to where I am at now. My mother because she echoed many of the things her father had said to me over the years and showed that yes he is correct a four year degree puts some distance between the two year degrees and separates you from those who don’t have a degree. First hand experience of actually having a job and a new boss feels you should have a degree to be in that position so you are let go. The second person was my brother because it was seeing him walk at his graduation from Oregon State that made me feel I could do it. I always dreamed of attending OSU and sitting there reading about attending school and how many credits and what you need really made me think about coming to school. Sending the letters is another big thing I have not shared my feelings or story with either of them up until now. The actual sending them was simple I just looked at the way each communicates with me the most and found other then the phone that email works for both, but I don’t have my brothers new home address so I emailed him, and sent the letter via the old mail system. The length of each letter was over 250 words each and the tone was thankful, yet complementary. Getting a response was not hard, my brother likes how he influenced me and made a difference in my life. Mom is just happy she has and her father has gotten through to me and that the door is almost open.
Casey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment